Sept. 22, 2015, BAYONNE, NJ – Kedem, (also known as Kayco), is the leading producer and importer of kosher foods and offers familiar brands such as Gefen, Elite, Lipton, Wissotzky and Yehuda. Kayco, with international partnerships that include Coca-Cola, Israel (Prigat) to Unilever (Lipton, Beigel and Beigel and 778 Preserves) as well as hundreds of leading brands, will debut many new and innovative products at the 27th Annual Kosherfest trade show, November 10-11, 2015 in Secaucus, NJ.
The New Jersey-based company – with a new distribution center to serve its global customer base – will launch products in many categories. They vary from frozen foods, refrigerated products to grab n’ go snacks. Kayco addresses today’s trends in lifestyle that include Kosher, Gluten-Free, non-GMO, Fair Trade, Vegan and All-Natural dietary needs.
Since 1948, Kedem has produced quality products, sought after by kosher and non-kosher consumers alike. What started with its now iconic Kedem grape juice has grown to include products ranging from the traditional to not so traditional. Kedem is the only USA producer of Biodynamic Grape Juice and Kedem Foods has earned a reputation as the leader in the specialty food world and was recently recognized by WHOLE FOODS with an award for its innovative products.
According to Charles Herzog, who heads the new product development team at Kedem/Kayco, “We pride ourselves on combing the world to find new, unusual and delicious products such as our premium Tuscanini pizza imported from Italy, as well as TEN ACRE crisps from the UK. They are among the new products debuting at Kosherfest,that offer both high quality and gourmet kosher to meet the culinary demands of today’s consumer.” Herzog added “that our brand portfolio is among the most attractive in the industry and includes some of Israel’s most recognized brands.”
Highlights of some new featured products imported by Kedem and debuting at Kosherfest 2015 include:
● Ten Acre Crisps – New, hand cooked line of premium kettle-style potato chips imported from the UK, offered in 6 unusual flavors including ‘How Chick’n Soup Saved The Day’; Gluten, dairy, and MSG-free; kosher & parve.
● Chocolate Leather – An innovative twist on the traditional pressed & dried fruit leather favorite that’s lower in fat and calories than most chocolates. New Chocolate Leather contains pure chocolate, cocoa nibs and brown rice crisps that have been transformed into a delicious and chewy chocolate snack, free of dairy and soy. The handy 0.5 ounce serving size Chocolate Leather snack has just 50 calories and 1.5 g of fat.
● Tuscanini Pizza – This premium handmade pizza is thin, crisp and full of flavor, made from the freshest Italian ingredients, the finest cheese and is 100% all natural. The dough is hand-stretched and baked in a wood-fired brick oven. Tuscanini is imported from Italy and is available with a variety of classic toppings as well as in flatbread pizza form. This is the first and only Authentic Italian kosher pizza on the market today.
● Absolutely Gluten Free Crepes – These new, ready-made, gluten-free, non-dairy French style crepes are light, airy and delicious. They are the first ready-made French style crepes that are both dairy and soy-free and certified OU kosher. Easy to prepare – Just fill, heat & serve. Absolutely Gluten Free Crepes have just 80 calories and 2 grams of fat per crepe, and contain no cholesterol or saturated fats.
● Absolutely Gluten Free Brownie & Blondie Crunch – This is the first nationally available gluten free brownie and blondie crunch. They are made from all natural ingredients and come packed in a re-sealable pouch to maintain freshness.
“We are delighted to introduce these, among many new gluten-free, soy-free and non-GMO products into the kosher market, as they are perhaps the fastest growing market segments in the general food trade today,” adds Herzog.
Visit Kedem/Kayco at Kosherfest 2015 at Booth 321 for a chance to see and sample a full line of OU certified products and learn more about the ever changing world of Kosher and Specialty Kosher products. Visit www.kayco.com for more product information.
Kayco, owned by the Herzog family, is the product of the merger of Kedem Foods, Kenover Marketing and B&W Foods, formed to unify the marketing & distribution of all their food lines as well as non-alcoholic beverages. The company offers thousands of kosher products and more than 100 brands, making it is the largest distributor of its kind in the industry. Kedem distributes to its global customer base from a new, state of the art facility in Bayonne, New Jersey. For additional information, visit their website at: www.kayco.com.
Kosherfest is the largest trade show featuring kosher food, beverages, wine and spirits, open to industry professionals exclusively. Kosherfest will be held November 10-11, 2015 at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ (www.kosherfest.com). It is produced by Diversified Business Communications.
Note to Media: Product information, interviews, photos, samples and recipes are available. For arrangements contact Vicki Garfinkel, VICKI GJ PR, 973-519-8926, email@example.com.
Media are invited to cover KAYCO/KEDEM at Booth 321 at Kosherfest 2015. For media registration, go to www.kosherfest.com
# # #