Gino’s East of Chicago’s Deep Dish Kosher Pizza crowned “Best in Show”
New York, NY (October 31, 2017) Kosherfest announced today the winners of its annual New Product Competition where hundreds of kosher-certified companies competed for the prestige of introducing the best new product into the kosher marketplace.
This year several trends were seen, with an increase in convenience packaging and “on-the-go” products, as well as “clean ingredients” and organic, gluten-free and vegan products. Entries spanned the globe, with products coming from Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, India, Israel, Italy, Philippines, Russia, Sri Lanka, the UK, the US, and more.
“Some people don’t realize how global the kosher industry is today. Our exhibitors are showcasing some of the finest products in the world, and we are proud to provide a platform to introduce these products to the marketplace and connect professional kosher buyers and sellers to help move the industry forward. It’s incredible.” said Christine Salmon, Kosherfest Show Director.
The big winner this year is Deep Dish Pizzas from Gino’s East. While popular in Chicago, deep dish pizza available to kosher consumers as a frozen food option is an entirely new concept. “Kayco is thrilled to receive this trio of prestigious honors,” said Charles Herzog. “Gino’s East Deep Dish Pizza is an iconic brand, and it’s sure to be a top consumer trend in the frozen entrée aisle.” Attendees can learn more at Kosherfest which opens on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus NJ. Additional show highlights include a keynote presentation from Google’s Trendspotting Lead, Yarden Horwitz, and several educational culinary demonstrations from international kosher star Jamie Geller, as well as samples and displays of all the new product winners.
Full List of 2017 Winners:
- Frozen Entrees / BEST IN SHOW – Gino’s East Deep Dish Pizzas (Gino’s East)
- Sweet Snacks – MetaBall Chocolate Brownie (MetaBall Nutrition)
- Frozen Desserts – 12″ Salted Caramal Frizza (Elegant Desserts NY)
- Giftware & Novelties – Disposable Printed Table Covers (Plastish)
- Kosher for Passover – Matzogram Printed Matzos (Independent Ink, Inc)
- Beverages (non-alc) – BARE Juice (Eco Alpha Ltd)
- Savory Snacks – Tuscanini Parchment Crackers (Kayco)
- Baked Goods – Wholly Gluten Free Brownie (Wholly Wholesome)
- Dips & Spreads – Delinut Caramel & Chocolate Spread (Shneider’s)
- Sauces – Tandoor By MIKEE Indian Cooking Sauces (Exotic Sauce Packaging, Inc)
- Pastas, Rice & Grains – Fontana Formiello Risotto Rice & Couscous (Fontana Formiello Gastronomia)
- Baking Aisle – Razzle Mix (Baker’s Choice)
- Food Service – Battered Apple Rings (B’gan)
- Packaged Meats – Dry Beef Sausage (Usine Amsellem)
- Wines – Ur Kasdim (De La Rosa Real Foods & Vineyards)
- Cheese – Natural & Kosher Salad Toppings (Anderson International Foods)
Visit www.kosherfest.com/new-product-gallery to view the winning items. All products will be available to taste at Kosherfest. Kosherfest is open to trade professionals only.
Kosherfest is the world’s largest and most attended kosher-certified products trade show. From chain supermarkets to corner groceries, foodservice establishments to caterers, every kind of kosher decision maker will find opportunity and inspiration at Kosherfest. More than 5,000 industry professionals are expected to attend, and more than 325 exhibitors will feature kosher-certified products and services for the kosher market. www.kosherfest.com
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face-to-face events, digital products and publications. Diversified serves a number of industries including: travel and transportation, food and beverage, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, technology and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified has divisions in the Eastern United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and the United Kingdom. www.divcom.com