Kosherfest’s Best New Products Reflect Diversity of Industry, Need for “On-the-go” Products
17 winners announced ahead of largest kosher industry trade event
New York, NY (October 29, 2018) Kosherfest announced today the winners of its annual New Product Competition where hundreds of kosher-certified companies competed for the prestige of introducing the best new product into the kosher marketplace.
Judge Yakov Yarmove of Albertsons, LLC remarked that a lot of the winning products were aimed at “making moms’ life easier.” It’s the first time in kosher history that such a convenience item as the best overall winner Easy Onions has been introduced that isn’t frozen. Kosher moms everywhere spend so much time sautéing onions and this will make their lives so much easier.
This year several trends were seen, from a return to traditional products with a modern twist, such as the Yapchik frozen dinners, to brand new concepts such as the ShabBulb which can be used on the Sabbath. There is also an increase in convenience packaging and “on-the-go” products, as well as “clean ingredients” and organic, gluten-free and vegan products.
“Some people don’t realize how diverse the kosher industry is today. Our exhibitors are showcasing some of the most innovative products in the world, and we are proud to provide a platform to introduce these products to the marketplace and connect professional kosher buyers and sellers to help move the industry forward. It’s incredible.” said Christine Salmon, Kosherfest Show Director.
This year Kosherfest partnered with Chef Avram Wiseman and Perline Dayan and staff at their beautiful facilities at the Kosher Culinary Center in Brooklyn to host the competition. “We are so proud and honored to be partnering with Kosherfest to host the new product competition at our facility this year. Their staff is a pleasure to work with and we look forward to partnering with Kosherfest for many years to come!” said Dayan.
Attendees can learn more at Kosherfest.com and by attending the show which opens on Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus NJ. Additional show highlights include an entire kosher education conference spanning food service, certification, digital marketing, and the latest trends.
Full List of 2018 Winners:
- Cheese – Sampling Trio – Gouda, Cheddar and Guava Paste (ANDERSON INTERNATIONAL FOODS)
- “On the Go” – Snack Delite Fruity Marshmallow Bars (Quality Frozen Foods Inc.)
- Breads and Baked Goods – Gluten Free Cheese Sambuzak (Glutenfree.sy)
- Frozen Entrees – Yapchik (Meal Mart Food / Alle Processing)
- Pastas – Frozen Cheese and Pizza Ravioli (A & B FAMOUS GEFILTE FISH)
- Candy – POPPLES ART (PASKESZ CANDY CO.)
- Sweet Snacks/Cookies – Moroccan Orange Blossom & Almonds Cookie (Meska Sweets)
- Condiments – EASY ONIONS (BLOOM PACKAGING CORP.)
- Beverages (non-alc) – True Eagle Energy Drink (True Eagle Enterprises)
- Dips, Spreads and Salsa – TESSERA PITTED KALAMATA & MIXED OLIVES (OXYGEN IMPORTS)
- Kosher for Passover – DATE SYRUP & ORANGE JUICE MARINADE (OXYGEN IMPORTS)
- Spices, oils and vinegars – Korean Sauce Gift Set (KOKO Food)
- Novelty – ShabBulb, Shabbat Permissible LED Light Bulb (Sunlite)
- Frozen Desserts – JUMBO Elegant Pops (Elegant Desserts NY)
- Packaged Meats – Israeli Style Shwarma Sausage (Meal Mart Food / Alle Processing)
- Savory Snacks – TropicMax All Natural Plantain Croutons (Sterling Sales)
- Wine – Mony Via (Happy Hearts Wine LLC)
Visit www.kosherfest.com/new-product-gallery to view the winning items. All products will be available to taste at Kosherfest. Kosherfest is open to trade professionals only.
Kosherfest is the world’s largest and most attended kosher-certified products trade show. From chain supermarkets to corner groceries, foodservice establishments to caterers, every kind of kosher decision maker will find opportunity and inspiration at Kosherfest. More than 5,000 industry professionals are expected to attend, and more than 325 exhibitors will feature kosher-certified products and services for the kosher market. www.kosherfest.com
About Kosher Culinary Center
Kosher Culinary Center is the destination for kosher culinary education. They aim to teach, inspire, and develop a love for cooking, while training the chefs of tomorrow in a new state of the art facility. The professional program consists of 216 hours of hands-on training in professional level culinary skills and techniques.
The goal is to professionally train students to an acceptable level in the food service industry, thereby enabling our graduates to procure gainful and rewarding employment opportunities. They offer job placement to graduates as well as assistance in getting their careers started as private chefs, caterers, or entrepreneurs. Kosher Culinary Center also offers a wide array of hands-on recreational classes.
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face-to-face events, digital products and publications. Diversified serves a number of industries including: travel and transportation, food and beverage, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, technology and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified has divisions in the Eastern United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and the United Kingdom. www.divcom.com